CURRENT JOB OPPORTUNITIES
DEVELOPMENT MANAGER (10/3/2022)
Kerrytown Concert House (KCH) is an arts presenter of, and facility for, live performances of classical, jazz, cabaret, avant-garde, theatre, and other musical genres. KCH is a 501(c)3 organization and has operated successfully in the historic Kerrytown District of Ann Arbor for over 38 years.
The Development Manager works directly with the Artistic & Executive Director (AED) on the full range of fund development activities for the organization. Fund development activities include processing and managing annual mail appeals (3 per year); preparing and managing mailing lists; sponsor and donor cultivation; engaging and interacting with donors; identifying and cultivating potential major donors; logging and tracking contributions; ensuring timely acknowledgment of contributions; grant applications and reporting; special fundraising event planning; coordinating fundraising volunteers; and working with members of the KCH Board of Directors to encourage, coordinate and monitor their personal participation in development activities.
Like the other KCH full-time staff, the Development Manager also assists in general administrative duties as needed.
This is a full-time position, 40 hours per week. The organization is open to a hybrid schedule (a combination of remote and in-office work) with flexible hours determined by the organization’s fundraising activities.
Duties & Responsibilities
Support Annual Fundraising Letters & Annual Report Campaigns (15%)
- Participate in developing campaign materials, brochures, newsletters and annual reports.
- Assist in developing and implementing strategies for growing Kerrytown Concert House’s various donor groups.
- Assist with expanding and implementing donor recognition strategies.
- Assist in receiving, processing, recording and acknowledging all donations in a timely manner.
Database Management (10%)
- Assist Operations Director & Events Manager in managing donor database (PatronManager platform), including accurate and timely data entry.
- Design and generate detailed reports to facilitate ongoing stewardship management and accurate reporting.
- Work together with Artistic & Executive Director and Operations Director & Events Manager on CRM (PatronManager) strategies and best practices for donor engagement.
Solicit and Manage Corporate and Individual Sponsorships (30%)
- In collaboration with the AED, coordinate KCH Sponsor outreach, renewals, and new business development.
- Manage paperwork, contracts, sponsorship invoicing and record-keeping.
- Communicate directly with KCH Sponsors regarding recognition and engagement.
- Assist in developing and implementing strategies for growing KCH’s corporate sponsorship programs.
Grant Research, Writing and Reporting (20%)
- Perform prospect research on foundations, corporations and government funders to evaluate potential for successful grant applications.
- Make appointments for AED with foundation officers and other prospects.
- Collaborate with the AED on the full range of activities required to prepare, submit, and manage grant proposals to foundation and corporate sources (if grant writer is not contracted).
- Comply with and assist AED on all grant reporting as required by foundation and corporate funders (if grant writer is not contracted).
Event Coordination & Support (5%)
- Manage all aspects of special events (fundraising and donor-relations) with assistance from KCH team.
- Recruit and manage event Sponsors and track event Sponsor recognition.
- Manage event communications with vendors and patrons.
Support the Board of Trustees Development Committee (10%)
- Serve as liaison for the Development Committee by keeping meeting minutes and preparing agendas and other materials
- Support the AED in setting meeting schedules and managing communications with the Development Committee
- Tracking and reporting to Committee those statistics relevant to development
- Providing Committee with public relations and prospect materials necessary for donor and sponsor stewardship
- Other duties as assigned
General Development and Organizational Duties (15%)
- Research and understand KCH history and programs.
- Develop and maintain relations with donors and potential donors
- Coordinate AED’s involvement with and presentations to potential major donors
- Support and improve fundraising efforts and strategies
- Enhance overall development initiatives
- When working in-office, assisting with phone duties when needed, such as answering incoming phone calls, checking voicemail, responding to or communicating voicemail messages to the appropriate staff person
- When working in-office, assisting with processing ticket sales when needed
- When working in-office, miscellaneous cleaning/maintenance duties (shared by entire staff) as needed.
The ideal candidate for this role would be interested in a long-term position with the organization and available for at least a 3-year Development plan, should have excellent networking and interpersonal skills, exceptional communication and writing skills with the ability to manage multiple tasks concurrently. The noteworthy Development Manager should enhance the efficiency of administrative functions, sustain organizational growth, develop and maintain positive relations with donors and potential donors and ensure the integrity of development processes. The organization seeks a candidate who is a team player, has intellectual curiosity and passion for continual improvement, strong organizational skills, ability to exercise good judgment, proactive and creative problem-solving attitude and capability, and professionalism in presentation and performance. Particularly ideal is a candidate with a passion for the performing arts and knowledge of the Ann Arbor community and local nonprofits.
- Working knowledge or familiarity of databases and CRM systems (PatronManager/Salesforce)
- Competency in Microsoft Office Suite, Google systems & MailChimp (or similar email marketing platform)
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field
- Competitive salary with paid time off for vacation and sick days.
- $40,000-55,000 commensurate with experience.
- No health insurance or 401(k) plan available
Interested candidates should email their resume and 3 references to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls, please.
Kerrytown Concert House is an Equal Opportunity Employer.